Thursday, October 15, 2009

My First Craft Show


Whew! Only after about 5 weeks of preparation, I decided to participate in my first craft show at our local farmer's market. I had a great time and met some very friendly, helpful people. Friday and Saturday it rained in the morning, but Sunday was a nice cool day.


Things I learned:

  • Make more hats for babies/toddlers. These got gone very quickly.

  • Make the baby/toddler hats bigger.

  • Buy a nice folding table from the local big box store. I rented a table and it was a hassle to return it on Sunday and I didn't want to leave it out there for them to pick up on Monday. The thing was 8 ft -- too big for my car

  • Make sure I have weighted items. Friday was really windy and my stuff kept blowing over.

  • Allow at least 5 days for orders. I'm working hard to get orders done and I need to be working on my next show.

  • Don't be afraid to ask for a deposit. I wasn't consistent with this, but people were more than willing to put down a deposit for an order.

All in all I did very well for my first show. I met a lot of people and made vendor contacts for upcoming shows to participate in. Can't wait for the next one!!




No comments:

Post a Comment